Answered By: Erica Nicol Last Updated: May 12, 2016 Views: 73
Signing in to Search It assures that you'll have the best search experience and the greatest level of functionality. For WSU students, faculty, and staff, signing in means that databases and full-text providers are going to recognize you and allow access to licensed articles and other content. Search It also offers up different delivery options for faculty and students so when you sign in links to the services you can use will display.
If you are a WSU student, faculty member, or staff member, when you sign into Search It, you are able to do the following:
- Access external licensed resources. The institution offers licensed information resources to its users. Once you sign in, you can search and retrieve items from these additional resources.
- Use library services. You can benefit from library services such as requesting or recalling items.
- Add items you found and queries you submitted permanently to your e-Shelf. You can save items from your results list to your e-Shelf and you can save queries that you have performed for future use.
- Set alerts for your queries. You can set a query to become an alert, that is, to run automatically and send you email notification once it locates new items answering your search criteria.
- Tag and review items. You can assign words or phrases to items to help you organize and locate items later. Since tags are made public, other users can view your tags and use them. Additionally, you can review items to share your opinions with others.
- Customize the way your search results display when you use Search It.
To sign in, please GO HERE!