Answered By: Erin Hvizdak Last Updated: Apr 29, 2020 Views: 42
HathiTrust ETAS is currently providing temporary emergency access to a number of eBooks that they have in their system, many of which the WSU Libraries has access to in print. This alleviates the need to physically send these books and allows for immediate access. Patrons may check out these eBooks for one hour time slots, which automatically renews while the book is in use. This program also requires that the libraries not ship these physical books while the temporary access program is in use.
To access these books:
1) After clicking on the record in Search It, scroll down to Request Options and click on the red button that says: HathiTrust ETAS - Please SIGN IN to Hathitrust after clicking here.
2) You will be brought to a screen with likely no results, or not the book you were looking for. You will then click on the yellow Log In button in the top right of the screen, search for Washington State University, and select it.
3) You will then be prompted to login with your WSU NetID (the same as Blackboard).
4) You will then be brought to a screen with your text. Click on the Temporary Access link.
5) On the next screen, in the top yellow bar, click on the Check Out button.
This will begin your one hour checkout period; it will automatically renew while in use and you may check it out as many times as needed. Click here for more detailed answers about the HathiTrust ETAS program: https://www.hathitrust.org/ETAS-User-Information
Please email email@example.com if you run into issues.