How do I find an article from a citation?
Answered By: Jen Saulnier Lange Last Updated: Aug 20, 2021 Views: 69
Klein, Ira. “Materialism, Mutiny and Modernization in British India.” Modern Asian Studies, vol. 34, no. 3, July 2000, pp. 545-580.
Finding the Article
Option One: Search for the Article Title
Search for the article title in quotes and the author’s name (e.g. “Materialism, Mutiny and Modernization in British India” Klein) in Search It.
Option Two: Search for the Journal Title
If searching for the article title did not work, you will have to search for the journal. Search for the journal title in quotes (e.g. “Modern Asian Studies”) in Search It.
Accessing the Article
If your article comes up in the search results, look below the citation information to find out how you can access it.
- “Online Access” or “Full Text Available” means we have online access to the article. Click on the search result and look under the “Access Options” section. There may be multiple database options. Make sure you select one that has available date ranges that include the date of your article. From there you will be able to select the database to read online, print, or save as a PDF.
- Note: If you searched for a journal, once you enter the database you will need to find the specific article by searching within the publication or narrowing down by date or volume/issue.
- “No full-text” means we don’t have online access, but may have a physical copy. Click on the search result and look under the “Access Options” section. If we have a physical copy, it will show the available date ranges in our collection and where they are available. If we do not have access to this journal, follow the link under “Availability and Request Options” to sign in using your Network ID and password. This will give you an option to request the article through Interlibrary Loan.
- If you want to check out a physical copy of the journal, you may check it out from the library for 6 days.
- If you would like a scanned PDF of the article sent to you, click the “Request through Interlibrary Loan” button. You will be asked to sign in to your ILLiad account and then a request page with all of the citation information already filled in will pop up. Submit the request, and you’ll be notified when the PDF is ready for viewing. Learn more about requesting articles.