How do I request a physical item? (such as books or DVDs)
Answered By: Jen Saulnier Lange Last Updated: Aug 26, 2021 Views: 34
Answered By: Jen Saulnier Lange
Last Updated: Aug 26, 2021 Views: 34
- Find the item in Search It
- Click on the link to sign in, using your WSU Network ID and password
- A red request button will appear. Click it, choose your pickup location, and click submit!
- If we have a copy at WSU, we’ll get that one for you. If not, we will try to get a copy from a library close by in Washington, Oregon, or Idaho through a program called Summit, which can take 3-5 days. [Note: During this time, all WSU students can have WSU books delivered to their home, and non-WSU books delivered to through home through ILLiad.]
- If there are no WSU or Summit copies available, you’ll be prompted to log in to your ILLiad account and request through interlibrary loan. This means that no libraries nearby had the item, so we’ll be asking libraries from around the country if they can send a copy for you to use. This normally takes between 4-7 days but for some hard-to-find items it could take over 2 weeks.
- You’ll get an email when your book is ready to pick up.
- Pick up your book from the circulation desk at your chosen pickup destination.
To see the physical item request process in action, take a look at this video:
For more information on requesting journal articles, please visit How do I find and request a journal article?